Artists, makers, designers, and craftspeople use sophisticated skills when it comes to making, but the business side of their practice often remains underdeveloped.
ACRE provides participating creatives with the foundations to become confident business owners ready to professionalize their passion. Through an application process, the Creative Business Accelerator (CBA) and local ACRE partners will select up to 10 creative entrepreneurs and guide them through a yearlong supportive program. ACRE participants will:
- Connect to other aspiring creative business owners in their community and build lasting relationships and the foundations for impactful collaborations
- Gain regional visibility for their creative business and their local community through the ACRE website, marketing, and sponsored activities
- Hear from experts on topics such as legal considerations, business finances, and successful marketing strategies
- Access direct support from business topic experts to improve everyday operations, entrepreneurial skills, and confidence in decision making
- Develop an actionable business plan that positions business owners to access investment, hire employees, activate space, or achieve other entrepreneurial goals