No matter how you’ve reached this point, you’re in the right place. ACRE provides artists who are ready to take a brave leap of faith with the tools to make a living and a life. With a comprehensive menu of individualized consultations, workshops, business education, and resources – we can help you cast your doubts aside, develop a sustainable business model, and advance the role of art in the community.
Starts with The Creative Business Ladder.
Just starting your creative venture? At a turning point in the life of your business? We know how it is, and more importantly, we know how it feels.
Your journey begins with a one-on-one consulting session that we like to call The Creative Business Ladder.
From the big picture – like defining personal success, providing mindset shifts, unblocking fears, and facilitating financial clarity, to hands-on tasks, such as business modeling, budgeting, and funding, it’s our mission to figure out where you are in your art business and develop a clear path to get you to where you want to be.
We match artists with the space, support, and skills they need to grow.
Once we’ve taken time to identify your strengths, we turn our attention to overcoming your weaknesses by connecting you with exactly what you need to take the next step.
- Free studio workspace in the heart of downtown Johnstown, PA. to launch, grow, and meet other makers and collaborators.
- Access to shared tools, equipment, and technology you need to focus on your studio practice in the company of fellow artists and makers.
- Professional development programs led by industry leaders, artists, and experts who have been in your shoes and know what it takes to be successful.
- Master the business side of creative work from coaches who are experts in the business of art–from marketing, to business modeling, to budgeting, and more.
- Workshop and exhibition opportunities to expand your creative practice and output
- Access to funding opportunities, including microloans and grants.
By the end of this program, you will…
- Go from feeling frantic and overwhelmed to clear, organized, empowered, and motivated to achieve the results you desire.
- Develop and execute a winning business plan so you can start, grow, and fund your project.
- Gain confidence in making decisions about your business.
- Reframe your relationship with business, marketing, and start earning more from doing what you love.
- Connect with members and mentors and lean on each other for inspiration, creative collaboration, technical support, new client opportunities, and friendship.